Tuesday, November 07, 2006

What's going on?

After spending time with me close friends, it's time to get creative once again. I was spending to much time looking for what is not yet there. Although the journey was a true learning experience, with no regrets. It's time to go back behind the wall that I had let crumble. So, no more match.com. I have learned that during the times the wall was up I was at my best. Still giving but in my own way, not the way others wanted. So in the near future the Dawson Family Learning Center Photo project will be completed, the Memorial Garden will begin to blossom, The 07 Law & Order Golf Tournament & Ride for Life befitting the Baltimore Child Abuse Center will become bigger and better. The first of four books that I want to write should be completed by December (it's an insight photo book, they say a picture is worth a 1000 words so we shall see), maybe two will be done by then. The book "Baltimore a Monumental City" is coming along, where over 100 images have been shot and the research has begun into the over 120 memorials and monuments in the city dating back to 1816. Strangely the forth book is the first one I had the idea for, back in 01 after 9/11 I came up with the idea to compile a book entitled "what America faces". It was to be an image book showing all of us as American's, those who speak, dress and look different but are still as one.Then the idea came to mind to write about what we face as American's, I always have said that I'm not a writer but a story teller. The stories already have been written they just need to be told. So if there is anyone who would like to share their story then please let me know and let the pages begin to be turned. With the holidays coming upon us quickly and not sure what to buy that someone who has it all, how about spending a day feeding the homeless, dropping off some unworn clothes to a shelter, helping out or getting involved with the Baltimore Child Abuse Center or TurnAround Inc.. Here's a new one to think about if you are looking for a charity to give something back to. It's call Stand Up for Kids Baltimore, they are looking for volunteers to help out by talking to kids on the streets, hand out care packages, help with fund raisers, check them out at www.baltimore@standupforkids.org As we former hippies still say: Peace and thanks to those who are making my lifes journey well worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home