Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Web Site Up and Running

Hello, everyone
Wishing everyone a very happy New Year, may it be filled with lots of dreams to be dreamt, goals to be accomplished, strangers to meet, roads to travel, and visions to see. 06 has been an unbelievable year me, I had to opportunity to maybe fall in Love oh about 5 times, rushed a few to quickly and others stood back and wasted to much time thinking about what was right. Relationships at this age are very strange you just never know how to react. Finally, I decided to just be me, and likely someone saw that I was not out to impress anyone. She saw the real me even though my hair was a mess, and my jeans torn.

Kas said the other day that when she saw me that I had this awesome glow around me and that my smile lit up the club's darkness. That's pretty groovy. Kas, I give thanks for chance meetings, you just never know who you will meet. I look forward in 07 in building a friendship, and relationship with you, to work together on helping bring to light our passion and visions in making a differnece in others lives.

My experience on match.com was just that, an experience that I will never forget, I met many a women, some became lovers, some became friends, but all became a part of me, the stories they shared, the visions we embraced, the roads we all have traveled in life were like a one way street. We all have gone down them together. The ones I never met said that my profile made them laugh like they have not laugh in weeks, months and some even years. That's then a proven fact that I'm just silly and just want to make others smile and feel good for a while. I love that. Being a photographer and sharing a lot of my images along with my profile on match made a few women share their vision with me as well, that was great. The best compliment that I think I have received as a photographer came when Susan was with her ailing father, they were spending time together and were beginning to run out of things to embrace their conversation with, she had shown him a powerpoint presentation that she had done for her work, and he was not that interested in it. She then began to show him one that she had done for me for the New York arts festival that I was attending. The images of the War Memorial project in DC that I had captured regained his interest, their conversation lasted another few hours, he had talked finally about the war and shared stories never told before. That to me is me doing what I set out to do as an imager, I don't plan on becoming rich with money from the sale of my work, as long as I can become rich with stories like Susans. To Judy that I have yet met you are a true friend, to Pam, Karen, Patty, Susan, Debi, Linda, Laura, Laurie, Tracey, Mary Beth, Christine, Dawn and Debbie, the feelings shared, the words spoken, the stories told, the smiles exchanged and the times together will always be treasured memories for me. The very best in finding what your HEART deserves, your Soul seeks, what your BODY desires and what your MIND craves. Thank you all for entering my life, they say that people enter your life for a reason, still seeking some of the answers but I have embraced the inspiration from all of you. Debbie keep seeking to find your vision, just to let you know it's already in your heart.

Special thanks to Dawn, Judy and Debbie for your help and support for the 06 Ride for Life. We can make a difference.

I was able to finally complete the America's 911 Ride this past August and I did it riding side by side with my brother Rick, what a great time we had, truly looking forward to the 07 ride.

To the strangers that became deep rooted friends this past year, to Bridgette, your living a 100 yards away for 8 years and never met is crazy, the roads we have travel and missed each other by only a few steps is amazing, thank you for the understanding, the seeing and the true friendship that you have provide me with. To Patty Reese, your talent, your voice and the words you have written bring to me the light on the darkest nights and the sunshine needed on the hardest rain driven days. To, Rob Fahey, you always amaze me, since our first meeting in 1969 your musical talent, song writing, guitar playing and raw raspy voice has uplifted me when down, lifted me higher when up and put me over the egde with I felt I was already on top of it all. To Susan D, you for being you inspired me so much to continue to seek my vision not only as a photographer but as a writer, and to search my soul to become a better father and friend for that I will always love you. To Giuliana, your love for me is immeasurable and mine for you, you are my soul mate, what you told me at lunch proved that, the place in my heart will always remain a shelter for you, you too I will always love. To Amanda, we always come and go, but our love for one another will never fade, I will always remember and treasure the day that you told me two things: 1 being no one will ever love you until you love yourself, the other being that there are only two men in this world that you love, your father and me. I hope that, that is still true. I know that the love I feel for you is as deep as that as I share with Jess. You were and will always remain my first true friend. To Brian, our friendship is a treasured gift, our passion for the music world, our sick senses of humor always keeps me guessing, its great to know that we are always there for one another.

As for the photo world, 7 new awards this year, ideas for new books came to life, one completed entitled "Insightful Riots" due out soon, unforgettable images shot once again at the Flight 93 crash site and at Ground Zero, a new calendar this year, the Dawson Family Learning Center is about to open in January and I'll be volunteering helping the children find their vision at a much earlier age then I did, and as for "Water Play" it is still in the finals to be judged and the winner announced in March in Las Vegas at the International Amateur Photographers convention.

Other blessings this year were, the birth of my great nephew Jacob, the marriage of my nephew Brian to Melissa, the graduation of Jess from high school, her beginning college and the start of her own business called eleven eleven apparel, the wedding announcements of my son Nick, and niece's Erin and Jennifer. Along with fine health and well being of my family members and the meeting of so many wonderful friends who not only provided me with inspiration but who have also said that I have inspired them. That's pretty crazy to me but so is life.

For those who have found or who are seeking their vision in life, once you find it, love it, live it, but most importantly SHARE IT.

Bill, Rick, Bon, Linda, Erin, Sara, Jen, Mark, Bill, Shannon, Brian, Melissa, Evan, Jacob, Mom & Dad, Nick and Jess, always have and always will love you.

As for 07, who knows what journeys lay ahead, what roads to travel, what rivers to cross, and what fears and pains to erase, but remember the sun will always be shining as long as you keep smiling. This new year we will see the rebirth of the Dawson Home as a Learning Center and dedication of the Memorial Garden, the return of the fifth annual "Law & Order" golf outing and the 2nd annual "Ride for Life" both benefitting the Baltimore Child Abuse Center, Chuckstock 07 featuring Patty Reese and Rob Fahey will show case the true meaning of Memorial Day.

Happy New Year, God Bless and as always PEACE.


Oh hey, the new web site is up and running at www.cwhateyeseeimages.com see over 400 images and merchandise(which are for sale), stories, projects, upcoming events, and information about me being for hire. Check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger GEWELS said...

You are the dearest, most beautiful person I've ever met.
Thank you for sharing your friendship, creativity, vision and mostly your loving heart.

May this year be the best you've ever had, and the worst of those to come!

Cheers

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home